Funding boost for community clubs
- 13 Feb, 2020
Jane Howlett, Minister for Sport and Recreation
The Tasmanian majority Liberal Government is committed to supporting the state’s grassroots sporting organisations.
Today I am excited to announce that nineteen clubs from across Tasmania will receive funding from the 2019-20 Sport and Recreation Major Grants Program, an initiative aimed at improving access to safe and quality participation.
Total funding allocated this round is $784,487, which will allow clubs to provide more equipment and undertake major facility upgrades.
Some of the projects to receive funding include:
- Upgrade to the surface of the Recreation Ground in Beaconsfield;
- Indoor and outdoor shot clocks for Water Polo Tasmania;
- Redevelopment of New Norfolk’s Tynwald Park change room and amenities;
- Replacing the filtration system at the Queenstown swimming pool;
- Upgrade and replacing ground lighting at the Cygnet Football Club; and
- Spring floor and beam safety net at the Devonport Gymnastics Club.
The Tasmanian Government supports participation in sport at all levels and we are committed to making Tasmania the healthiest population in Australia by 2025.
A full list of the successful applicants will be available on the Communities Tasmania website at www.communities.tas.gov.au/csr