Contact the Division on: (03) 6224 1015
Ms Tanya Denison
Liberal Candidate for the Senate
Tanya has been selected in third position on the Tasmanian Liberal Senate ticket for the next federal election.
She previously represented the Tasmanian Liberal Party in 2013 as the federal candidate for Denison.
Tanya was elected as alderman for the City of Hobart in 2014 and was re-elected in 2018. She has held a number of Council committee positions including:
• Chair of City Infrastructure Committee 2018 – present
• Member City Infrastructure Committee 2014 - present
• Member City Planning Committee 2014 – present
• Member Hobart Risk and Audit Panel 2018 - present
• Member Economic Development and Communications Committee 2014 - 2018
With a diverse career in mining, civil construction and small business, Tanya is passionate about building communities’ prosperity through intelligent urban and regional infrastructure investment to allow access to Tasmania’s abundant resources.
A Fellow of Engineers Australia, Tanya holds an honours degree in Mining Engineering and is currently undertaking post graduate studies in sustainable development.
Suite 4C, Level 3, 33 Salamanca Place, Hobart TAS 7000