There is a Liberal Women's Council which consists of two Delegates elected by each branch and each Women's Group in Tasmania, with a President from within the Liberal Women's Council elected annually.
The Liberal Women's Council is represented on the State Executive by its President or her nominee.
The functions of the Liberal Women's Council are:
- To receive and distribute information on the work and activities of women in the Division;
- To advise on policy matters especially affecting women;
- To investigate and stimulate new ideas:
- for holding the active interest of women members; and
- for educating women in political and national questions;
- To act as the co-ordinating body of women's work and activity in the Division; and
- To report through the President of the Liberal Women's Council to each meeting of the State Executive such matters as may be of general importance and interest to that body.
Across Tasmania there are also a number of Women's Groups, including:
- Dame Enid Lyons Branch
- Hobart Womens Group
- Launceston Womens Group
- Southern Lyons Womens Group
All are active branches of the Division that make a valuable and worthwhile contribution to the Party. All are active branches of the Division that make a valuable and worthwhile contribution to the Party. For more information regarding any of the Women's groups, please contact the Liberal Party Secretariat on 03 6224 1015.